Start date: TBD (Depending on when the store receives a license to sell cannabis)
Summary of primary responsibilities:
• Ensures all patrons are 19 or older.
• Ensures that patrons are not purchasing cannabis or cannabis accessories on behalf of individuals under the age of 19.
• Prevents unlawful activities.
• Ensures store premises, equipment and facilities are maintained to corporate standards.
• Mentors junior team members, sets an example.
• Acts as eyes and ears when manager is unavailable.
• Enforces multiple ID check points including at the door in the ID checking zone and at the cash prior to purchase.
• Maintains any standards set out by The Registrar, The AGCO, or any provincial or federal ruling.
• Ensures no minors have physical or even visual access to the interior of the premises.
• Ensures surveillance system is always working.
• Ensures any cannabis is always stored securely and only accessible to authorized personnel.
• Ensures stock levels of cannabis and accessories is maintained.
• Assists in physical inventory count that is completed on a weekly basis (at minimum or as requested by the AGCO).
• Helps ensure any cannabis that is outdated, recalled, damaged, deteriorated, misbranded, adulterated, returned or otherwise ineligible for sale is kept separate from sellable cannabis.
• Ensures all activities within the store and actions of junior employees are legally compliant.
• Ensures that information related to the responsible use of cannabis is always available to patrons, specifically the Health Canada Consumer Information—Cannabis document.
• Serves customers by providing merchandise.
• Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
• Ensures the store is safe and clean.
• Ensures the proper implementation of any corporate directives (policy, marketing, human resources, etc.).
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending training, educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies where applicable.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Operates the cash register and ensures website information is current.
• Able perform all functions of the Sales role at an advanced level.
• Must complete all ongoing training designated by the AGCO.
• Must be able to provide a current CPIC that shows no charges under the Cannabis Act and no links to organized crime.
• Must have successfully completed CannSell Standard certification (and attach proof to application).
• Must be 21 or older.
• Must submit a cover letter and a resume.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of Cannabis Expert: Sales experience or equivalent (with preferred experience from the LCBO, Beer Store or another cannabis company).
• Depending on experience and recommendation from your current/recent employer, $17+ per hour in biweekly payments to start
• Full medical and dental benefits available through Sunlife.