Start date: TBD. Depends on when the store receives a license to sell cannabis.
Summary of primary responsibilities:
• Ensures all patrons are 19+.
• Ensures that patrons are not purchasing cannabis or cannabis accessories on behalf of individuals under the age of 19.
• Completes credit/cash/debit transactions in a Shopify environment.
Responsibilities in detail:
• Ensures no minors are in the premises by checking IDs and ensuring their authenticity.
• Ensures all transactions are accurate (selling correct inventory in the correct amounts, properly discounted, attributed to the correct sales person, etc.).
• Prioritizes inventory count to ensure instore and online inventory numbers are correct.
• Remains pleasant and professional at all times, greeting customers and directing them to cannabis experts as needed.
• Uses Shopify POS to account for sales and debit/credit machine to process purchases.
• Maintains a tidy workspace and shop (in downtime).
• Ensures all patrons are behaving lawfully while in the parking lot, nearby outdoor area and in the space.
• Supports sales staff in retrieving items for customers.
• Supports inventory staff and management packing/unpacking orders and restocking shelves.
• Supports inventory staff and management as needed.
• Ensures compliance of all Registrars Standards, and federal and provincial laws pertaining to cannabis.
• Must successfully complete CannSell Standard certification prior to first day of work (and any other training as designated by the AGCO).
• Must be able to provide a current CPIC that shows no charges under the Cannabis Act and no links to organized crime.
• Must have cash handling and POS experience (with experience in a Shopify environment preferred).
• Must be 19 or older.
• Must submit a cover letter and a resume.
• $16+ per hour depending on experience and recommendation from your most recent employer.
• Full medical and dental benefits for full-time employees.